Giving you peace of mind, whichever road you take!
T3 is the best option for drivers who want motor insurance cover to protect the value of their vehicle in case of total loss or theft and that also fulfils the minimum insurance requirement of Qatari law to drive a vehicle on public roads.
T3 (Total Loss, Theft, Third-party only)
- Own Damage restricted to Total Loss/Constructive Total Loss caused by:
- Collision, overturning
- Fire including from self-ignition, lightning, or thunderbolt
- Burglary/Theft or attempt threat
- Third Party Liability as per the Law
- 24/7 Free Roadside Assistance (RSA) Cover
- Own Damage resulting in Total Loss or Constructive Total Loss
- Burglary/Theft/ or attempt threat
- Third party liability
- 24/7 Free Roadside Assistance (RSA) Cover
What are the significant features and benefits of motor T3 insurance policy?
Your motor T3 insurance policy covers your motor vehicle against a loss caused by:
- Total loss or constructive total loss
- Burglary, theft, attempt threat
- Third Party Liability
Your policy also includes 24/7 roadside assistance cover.
What does ‘constructive total loss’ mean?
Constructive total loss is when the actual cost of repairs exceeds 65% of the market value or insured estimated value of the vehicle (whichever is less) before the accident (subject to the discretion of the insurance company).
Why should I buy motor T3 insurance?
Motor T3 insurance gives protection to the vehicle owner against:
- Total loss or theft of the insured vehicle
- Third-Party Liability determined as per law against the owner of the insured vehicle
Third Party Insurance is a statutory requirement.
What are the limits?
- In case of the total loss or theft of the insured vehicle, Seib Insurance will pay the market value or the insured estimated value of the vehicle (whichever is less) after deducting applicable depreciation and deductibles (if any)
- Legal Liability is paid in full to the extent of liability incurred as per law
How do you calculate Depreciation?
Depreciation is calculated at the rate of 2% per month, applied on the declared value, subject to minimum deduction of 5% and a maximum deduction of 20% per annum of the insured estimated value. This is applicable from the inception date of the insurance to the date of the loss or damage.
How is the premium calculated? Are there additional charges included?
Premium is a rate or flat amount linked to the current depreciated market value of your vehicle.
What is the period of insurance cover?
One year (365 days) from the date of policy issuance unless a different period of insurance was agreed with you specifically.
Is my insurance policy renewable?
Yes, your insurance policy is renewable. Seib Insurance will make best efforts to notify you in advance of the renewal date. You can contact us at +974 4402 6888 during working hours between 8 am and 5 pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays), to arrange for renewal terms or visit our offices located at Airport Road, Doha, Qatar.
What is a deductible?
A deductible is the first amount of the loss that must be borne by you.
Is there any exclusion under my insurance?
Yes. Below are the specific exclusions which are generally not covered:
Damage to own vehicle:
- All nature of repair claims
- Consequential loss
- Wear and tear
- Mechanical breakdown, damage to tires only, loss or damage by perils of nature
- Breach of limitations while using the vehicle: including overloading, driving off road, violating traffic laws such as driving without a valid license
- Accidents under the influence of alcohol / drugs
Own Vehicle / Third Party Liability
- Accident under the influence of alcohol / drugs
For other applicable exclusions, please refer to your insurance policy terms and conditions.
Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?
Yes, the motor insurance policy can be transferred to the new vehicle owner, subject to a fee.
Where can I buy motor insurance?
You can purchase motor insurance from Seib Insurance through our website or our Mobile Application. Alternatively, you may visit our office located at Old Airport Road, Doha or call +974 4402 6888.
How and when can I pay the premium?
Premium is due with your application to arrange and activate the insurance policy. In respect of policy renewals, payment is required prior to the renewal/expiry date. The insurance premiums can be paid by debit card, credit card, bank transfer, online and cash up to QAR 1000 (One Thousand Qatari Riyals) paid at Seib Insurance office. Payment by cheque is accepted however policy activation is subject to realization of the cheque.
Will I receive my policy documentation?
Yes, you will receive your policy documents on your registered e-mail address, or an original copy could be delivered or collected from our office premises. The confirmation of coverage will include policy information such as your unique policy number, policy effective date, benefits, terms and conditions, limitations, exclusions, and other important information.
What is the procedure for reporting any changes in my previously submitted information on the policy?
Our insurance offer is based on the information disclosed by you. In case of any changes in your earlier submitted information, contact us on +974 4402 6888 during working hours (between 8am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays)) for review and approval to make necessary amendments to your policy.
I have lost the insurance policy. Can I get a duplicate?
Yes, we can provide you with a duplicate copy of your policy for a nominal fee of QAR 10.
What should I do if the policy expired?
Seib Insurance will make best efforts to notify you in advance of the renewal date. You can contact us at +974 4402 6888 during operating hours between 8am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays), to arrange for renewal terms or visit our offices located at Airport Road, Doha Qatar.
How can I cancel my motor insurance policy? Will I get a refund of premium?
You can cancel the policy; however, the refund of premium will be as described in our terms of business agreement provided you have not made any claim under this policy.
The above is subject to proof of cancellation of the vehicle’s permit, or presentation of a new policy due to change in details of the vehicles or transfer of their ownership. Compulsory Third Party Liability cover cannot be cancelled, unless the vehicle registration is cancelled as well, or proof of another insurance cover is provided.
Please refer to the terms of business agreement for complete details or contact us on +974 4402 6888.
What to do in case of an accident?
In case of an accident, please:
- Call the police on 999 to report the accident, especially if you are injured or cannot drive the vehicle. Otherwise, go directly to the police station with the other party for investigation. We advise you to stay up to date with the traffic department directions
- If the vehicle is severely damaged and cannot be driven, then leave it in a safe place and proceed to the nearest traffic department in your area
- Get a police report stating the accident details
- Visit our offices at Airport Road, 3rd Service Road after Airport Signal, and ask for the assistance of the motor claims department to register a claim or email us at email@example.com
- Submit the original police report along with a copy of your registration card and driving license
- Complete the claim form
- Contact road assistance on +974 44320918 to transport the vehicle to the allocated workshop as advised by Seib Insurance
What is the depreciation rate of the vehicle at the time of renewal?
At the end of the first year of vehicle manufacture, the depreciation rate is 20%.
The rate will be 13% from the second year onward.
How can I file a complaint?
Should you have a complaint about deficiency in the services or the products offered, please contact our Compliance & AML Manager by phone on the following numbers: (+974) 4402 6807 or (+974) 4402 6888 or by mail to the following postal address: Seib Insurance and Reinsurance Company, P.O. Box 10973, Doha Qatar, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, setting out clearly the exact details of your complaint.
We handle customer complaints fairly, efficiently and with due diligence as per the complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to refer the complaint to the QFC Customer Dispute Resolution Scheme either by email to email@example.com or by post to “The Customer Dispute Resolution Scheme”, P.O. Box 22989, Doha Qatar.
For any further information, please contact:
Seib Insurance & Reinsurance Company
Sheikh Jabor Bin Yousef Bin Jassim Althani Building,
Airport Street, PO Box Number: 10973, Doha – Qatar.
Tel: +974 4402 6888, Fax: +974 4402 6800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org