You And Your Motor Insurance
What is Motor Comprehensive Insurance?
Your insurance covers (1) Accidental loss of / Damage to your own vehicle and (2) Compulsory Legal Liability cover liability incurred for accidental bodily injury to and/or death of any third party and/or third party property damage arising out of use of your motor vehicle.
What are the limits?
- Vehicle is insured up to the current Depreciated Market Value
- Legal Liability is paid in full to the extent of liability incurred as per law. If you decide to ensure the vehicle at a value above the market value, Seib will only pay the Depreciated Market Value at the time of a total loss claim.
How is the premium calculated? Are there additional charges included?
- Vehicle Premium is a rate or flat amount linked to the current depreciated Market Value.
- Third Party Legal Liability premium is as per the tariff fixed by the Government Authorities.
What is the period of the policy?
Your insurance is usually for 1 full year (365 days) unless a different period of insurance was agreed with you specifically.
What is a deductible?
It is the first amount of the loss that has to be paid by the Policyholder.
What are the policy exclusions?
Broadly the following claims types will not be admitted (unless there is a specific cover purchased and referred in the Schedule).
- Damage to own vehicle:
– Mechanical breakdown; damage only to tires; loss or damage by perils of nature;
– breach of limitations as to use of the vehicle including overloading/ riding off road; violation of Traffic Laws including driving without a valid license;
- Own Vehicle/ Third Party Liability
– accident under the influence of alcohol / drugs
- Damage to own vehicle:
What is the procedure for recording any changes in the policy?
Inform the changes in writing and Seib will issue an amendment to the Policy.
Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?
Yes. This is handled in the same way as other changes. There is a Fee to be paid by the Policyholder.
I have lost the insurance policy. Can I get a duplicate one?
Yes – A Fee of QAR 10 is required to be paid.
Can I cancel my motor insurance policy?
Yes and the Policy Holder will get a Premium Refund provided you have not already made any claim. The above is subject to proof of cancellation of the Vehicles’ Permit, or presentation of a new Policy due to change in details of the Vehicles or transfer of their ownership.
The Premium Refund is calculated as described in Seib Terms of Business.
But Compulsory Third Party Liability cover cannot be cancelled, unless the Vehicle Registration is cancelled as well.
What to do in case of an Accident?
In case of an accident, please do the following:
- Contact the Police at 999 to report the accident, especially if you are injured or cannot drive the vehicle. Otherwise, go directly to the Police Station with the other party for investigation;
- If the vehicle is severely damaged and cannot be driven, then leave it in a safe parking and proceed to the nearest Traffic Department in your area;
- Issue a Police Report stating the accident details and the approval for repair;
- Visit our offices at: Airport Road, 3rd Service Road after Airport Signal, and ask for the assistance of the Motor Claims Department to register a claim;
- Submit the Original Police Report along with a copy of your Registration Card and Driving License;
- Complete the Claim Form;
- Contact the Road Assistance at 44320918 to transport the vehicle to the allocated workshop as advised by Seib.
Where should I repair my vehicle?
The Policy specifies if the Policyholder can repair at either (1.) Agency or (2) any Workshop approved by Seib. Repairs can start only after the damage and repair scope/ costs are approved by Seib.
What if my vehicle is declared as Total Loss?
Seib will assess damages as Total Loss if the repair costs exceed 70% of the depreciated market value at the time of loss or the vehicle cannot be repaired to restore it to its original condition. Seib will pay the Depreciated Market Value after completing the proper procedure and will take possession of the damaged vehicle.
What should I do if the policy expired?
Seib will make best efforts to notify you in advance of the renewal date. You can contact us anytime at 44026888 before expiry date to arrange for renewal terms of visit our offices at Airport Road, Doha Qatar.
What is the depreciation rate of the vehicle at the time of renewal?
The 1st renewal year depreciation rate is 20%. The rate is decreased to 15% years after.
What is the depreciation of spare parts following an accident?
The spare parts will be depreciated by Seib as follows:
- Nil during the first of year of vehicle registration.
- 20% during second year;
- 30% during third year;
- 40% during forth year;
- 50% years after;
What am I eligible for under this scheme?
- Cost of medical treatment
- Cost of certain services needed to receive medical treatment
- Cost of certain services needed to assist you after receiving medical treatment We describe these in the schedule of benefits that follows.
- Costs that are not covered are listed in the exclusions table.
Where can I receive treatment?
We have agreements with certain medical providers that are listed in this booklet. You may elect to use any of them unless there is a specific reference to an exclusion in the benefits table. In such cases, you simply present your card, pay any applicable deductible and receive your treatment.
But you may also elect to receive treatment somewhere else. As long as your treating physician or treatment center is a licensed one, then the costs incurred can be submitted to us for reimbursement.
How can I claim a covered benefit?
At a network provider, simply follow the following steps:
At a non-network provider, simply pay the medical services and submit your claim for reimbursement. This can be done by keeping the following documents to be presented later to Seib:
- Original completed claim form.
- Copy of Seib Access Card (Insurance Card)
- Original itemized receipt.
- Original prescription issued by your licensed physician.
- Copy of tests, hospital discharge reports, doctor reports and results.
- Copy of your prior approval.
The above are documents that you would always be provided with, so please make sure not to misplace them.
You also have another option. Call Seib’s 24 hour Call Center on +974 444 55 999. In certain cases, where the treatment is outside Qatar, we may be able to arrange for direct payment at that provider. It is recommended to contact us few days prior to your visit, especially if your medical condition requires hospital admission.
Note: Maximum allowed time limit for submission reimbursement claims is 60 days if treatment occurred in Qatar and 90 days if occurred outside Qatar from treatment date
I have a Chronic condition, How is Chronic Medication dispensed?
- Visit your consulting doctor.
- Complete the application for Chronic Prescription Medication and get it signed by the treating physician.
- E-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advise us which pharmacy you would prefer to collect your drugs.
- A Seib customer service ofﬁcer will process the approval within 1 working day.
Allowed for up to 2 months on all clinics except Hamad Medical Center, where we will allow a max of 3 months.
- I am always confused with “pre-authorization” or “prior approval” Isn’t this time consuming?Look at the prior approval process in this way:
- Not every treatment requires approval
- Most out-patient services do not require prior approval
- Prior approval is limited to hospital admission (as in-patient).
- For physiotherapy treatment. MRI and is also linked to a certain cost schedule.
- A medical provider may request prior approval if there in doubt the treatment insurance coverage,
- it this cases you may delay, please be patient and contact us.
The other good news is that:
The claimant eligibility gets verified and confirmed. If someone else is misusing your access Card, we can detect if and immediately report the case to the concerned parties.
Our claims administrator replies to almost 90% of the requests within 30 minutes which has the following benefits:
- Reduce your waiting time at the provider
- Services requiring approval are provided mostly by prior appointment, so the approval process is seamless
- Give you the necessary medical attention quicker
Do the same procedure apply in emergencies?
Your health is a priority. A medical condition that may lead to disability or loss of life will not wait for our approval. Please let us know a day or two after the admission. This helps us assist you much faster and reduces any future misunderstanding. Wherever you are in the world. Seib covers you for emergency treatment. We would like you to be cheerful and in good health whether back at the office or at home.