Enjoy peace of mind and let Seib Insurance find the best level of cover for you and your vehicle
What are the significant features and benefits of motor insurance?
Your motor insurance covers:
- Accidental damage to your own vehicle
- Compulsory legal liability cover: incurred for accidental bodily injury to and/or death of any third party and/or third-party property damage arising out of use of your motor vehicle.
Why should I buy motor insurance?
Motor insurance gives protection to the vehicle's owner against:
- Damages to insured's vehicle
- Third-Party Liability determined as per law against the owner of the vehicle
Third Party Insurance is a statutory requirement.
What are the limits?
- The vehicle is insured up to the current depreciated market value. If you decide to ensure the vehicle at a value above the market value, Seib Insurance will only pay the depreciated market value at the time of a total loss claim
- Legal liability is paid in full to the extent of liability incurred as per law
How is the premium calculated? Are there additional charges included?
Premium is a rate or flat amount linked to the current depreciated market value of your vehicle.
What is the period of insurance cover?
One year (365 days) from the date of policy issuance unless a different period of insurance was agreed with you specifically.
Is my insurance policy renewable?
Yes, your insurance policy is renewable. Seib Insurance will make best efforts to notify you in advance of the renewal date. You can contact us at +974 4402 6888 during working hours between 8 am and 5 pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays), to arrange for renewal terms or visit our offices located at Airport Road, Doha Qatar.
What is a deductible?
When an insurance claim is made, a deductible is the first amount of the loss that has to be paid by you.
Is there any exclusion under my insurance?
Yes, but it is difficult to list all exclusions here. However, below are the specific exclusions which are generally not covered:
Damage to own vehicle:
- Mechanical breakdown, damage to tires only, loss or damage by perils of nature
- Breach of limitations as to use of the vehicle including overloading/ driving off road, violation of traffic laws including driving without a valid license
Own Vehicle / Third Party Liability
- Accident under the influence of alcohol / drugs
For other applicable exclusions please refer to your insurance policy terms and conditions.
Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?
Yes, the motor insurance policy can be transferred to the new vehicle owner, subject to a fee.
Where can I buy motor insurance?
You can purchase a motor insurance from Seib Insurance through our website or our Mobile Application. Alternatively, you may visit our office located at Old Airport Road, Doha or call +974 4402 6888.
How and when can I pay the premium?
Premium is due with your application to arrange and activate the insurance policy. In respect of policy renewals, payment is required prior to the renewal/expiry date. The insurance premium can be paid by debit card, credit card, bank transfer, online and cash up to QAR 1000 (One Thousand Qatari Riyals) paid at Seib Insurance office. Payment by cheque is accepted however policy activation is subject to realization of the cheque.
Will I receive my policy documentation?
Yes, your policy documents will be emailed to your registered e-mail address, or an original copy could be delivered or collected from our office premises. The confirmation of coverage will include policy information such as your unique policy number, policy effective date, benefits, terms and conditions, limitations, exclusions, and other important information.
What is the procedure for reporting any changes in my previously submitted information on the policy?
Our insurance offer is based on the information disclosed by you. In case of any changes in your earlier submitted information, contact us on +974 4402 6888 during working hours (between 8am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays)) for review and approval to make necessary amendments to your policy.
I have lost the insurance policy. Can I get a duplicate?
Yes, we can provide you with a duplicate copy of your policy for a nominal fee of QAR 10.
What should I do if the policy has expired?
Seib Insurance will make best efforts to notify you before the renewal date. You can contact us on +974 4402 6888 during operating hours between 8am and 5pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding public holidays), to arrange for renewal terms or visit our offices located at Airport Road, Doha Qatar.
How can I cancel my motor insurance policy? Will I get a refund of premium?
You can cancel the policy; however, the refund of premium will be as described in our terms of business agreement provided you have not made any claim under this policy.
The above is subject to proof of cancellation of the vehicle’s permit, or presentation of a new policy due to change in details of the vehicles or transfer of their ownership. Compulsory Third Party Liability cover cannot be cancelled, unless the vehicle registration is cancelled as well, or a proof of another insurance cover is provided.
Please refer to the terms of business agreement for complete details or contact us on +974 4402 6888.
What to do in case of an accident?
In case of an accident, please:
- Call the police on 999 to report the accident, especially if you are injured or cannot drive the vehicle. Otherwise, go directly to the police station with the other party for investigation. We advise you to stay up to date with the traffic department directions
- If the vehicle is severely damaged and cannot be driven, then leave it in a safe parking and proceed to the nearest traffic department in your area
- Get a police report stating the accident details and the approval for repair
- Visit our offices at Airport Road, 3rd Service Road after Airport Signal, and ask for the assistance of the motor claims department to register a claim or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit the original police report along with a copy of your registration card and driving license
- Complete the claim form
- Contact road assistance on +974 44320918 to transport the vehicle to the allocated workshop as advised by Seib Insurance
- For car replacement facility (if selected at the time of policy), Seib Insurance will provide the contact details of the rental company to arrange for your replacement car.
Where should I repair my vehicle?
The policy specifies if the policyholder can repair at either the agency or any non-agency workshop approved by Seib Insurance.
Repairs can start only after the damage and repair scope/ costs are approved by Seib Insurance.
What if my vehicle is declared as Total Loss?
Seib Insurance will assess damages as Total Loss if the repair cost exceeds 65% of the depreciated market value at the time of loss or the vehicle cannot be repaired to restore it to its original condition. Seib Insurance will pay the depreciated market value after completing the proper procedure and will take possession of the damaged vehicle.
What is the depreciation rate of the vehicle at the time of renewal?
At the end of the first year since vehicle manufacture, the depreciation rate is 20%.
The rate will be 13% from the second year onward.
What is the depreciation of spare parts following an accident?
The spare parts will be depreciated by Seib Insurance as follows:
- Nil during the first of year of vehicle registration
- 20% during second year
- 30% during third year
- 40% during fourth year
- 50% for the following years
For how many days can I have a replacement car?
You may get the replacement car for up to 15 days subject to having paid an additional premium for a suitable option at the time of buying a motor insurance policy. The replacement car facility can only be used in case of an accident.
Seib Insurance will cover the rental cost of the replacement car only (subject to limits mentioned in the policy schedule) and all other terms and conditions of the rental company will be between the rental company and the insured.
The above is subject to a franchise of 48 hours.
How can I file a complaint?
Should you have a complaint about deficiency in the services or the products offered, please contact our Compliance & AML Manager by phone on the following numbers: (+974) 4402 6807 or (+974) 4402 6888 or by mail to the following postal address: Seib Insurance and Reinsurance Company, P.O. Box 10973, Doha Qatar, or by email to email@example.com, setting out clearly the exact details of your complaint.
We handle customer complaints fairly, efficiently and with due diligence as per the complaints procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with our response, you have the right to refer the complaint to the QFC Customer Dispute Resolution Scheme either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to “The Customer Dispute Resolution Scheme”, P.O. Box 22989, Doha Qatar.