What am I eligible for under this scheme?
- Cost of medical treatment
- Cost of certain services needed to receive medical treatment
- Cost of certain services needed to assist you after receiving medical treatment. These are described in your policy’s schedule of benefits.
- Costs for uncovered treatment are listed in your policy’s exclusions list.
Where can I receive treatment?
We have agreements with certain medical providers that are listed in this booklet. You may elect to use any of them unless there is a specific reference to an exclusion in the benefits table. In such cases, you simply present your card, pay any applicable deductible and receive your treatment.
But you may also elect to receive treatment somewhere else. As long as your treating physician or treatment center is a licensed one, then the costs incurred can be submitted to us for reimbursement.
How can I claim a covered benefit?
At a network provider, simply follow the following steps:
At a non-network provider, simply pay the medical services and submit your claim for reimbursement. This can be done by keeping the following documents to be presented later to Seib:
- Original completed claim form.
- Copy of Seib Access Card (Insurance Card).
- Original itemized receipt.
- Original prescription issued by your licensed physician.
- Copy of tests, hospital discharge reports, doctor reports and results.
- Copy of your prior approval.
The above are documents that you would always be provided with, so please make sure not to misplace them.
You also have another option. Call Seib’s 24 hour Call Center on +974 444 55 999. In certain cases, where the treatment is outside Qatar, we may be able to arrange for direct payment at that provider. It is recommended to contact us few days prior to your visit, especially if your medical condition requires hospital admission.
Note: Maximum allowed time limit for submission reimbursement claims is 60 days if treatment occurred in Qatar and 90 days if occurred outside Qatar from treatment date
I have a Chronic condition, How is Chronic Medication dispensed?
- Visit your consulting doctor.
- Complete the application for Chronic Prescription Medication and get it signed by the treating physician.
- E-mail the completed form to email@example.com.
- Advise us which pharmacy you would prefer to collect your drugs.
- A Seib customer service ofﬁcer will process the approval within 1 working day.
Allowed for up to 2 months on all clinics except Hamad Medical Center, where we will allow a max of 3 months.
- I am always confused with “pre-authorization” or “prior approval” Isn’t this time consuming?Look at the prior approval process in this way:
- Not every treatment requires approval
- Most out-patient services do not require prior approval
- Prior approval is limited to hospital admission (as in-patient).
- For physiotherapy treatment. MRI and is also linked to a certain cost schedule.
- A medical provider may request prior approval if there in doubt the treatment insurance coverage,
- it this cases you may delay, please be patient and contact us.
The other good news is that:
A medical provider may request prior approval if there is doubt in your insurance coverage,
In case you face any delay, please be patient and contact us on our 24/7 hotline +974 444 55 999
Our claims administrator replies to almost 95% of the requests within 20 minutes which has the following benefits:
- Reduce your waiting time at the provider
- Services requiring approval are provided mostly by prior appointment, so the approval process is seamless
- Give you the necessary medical attention quicker
Do the same procedure apply in emergencies?
Your health is a priority. A medical condition that may lead to disability or loss of life will not wait for our approval. Please let us know a day or two after the admission. This helps us assist you much faster and reduces any future misunderstanding. Wherever you are in the world. Seib covers you for emergency treatment. We would like you to be cheerful and in good health whether back at the office or at home.
* Subject to policy terms and conditions